“Food is our common ground, a universal experience. “
– James Beard
Hi, I’m Tania deLuzuriaga, aka the Musing Bouche.
I’m an equal opportunity eater who enjoys catching fish, cooking for friends and consuming things I probably shouldn’t. It is a miracle I don’t weigh 300 lbs.
A few things about me:
- I prefer green bananas. Once they’re fully yellow they’re too mushy for me. I make a lot of banana bread as a result.
- When I’m at the stove, I tend to stand in tree pose.
- I drink hot coffee with milk only, but like my iced coffee sweetened. Same for espresso.
- I’m pretty adept at gutting and filleting fish. And I don’t mind doing it.
- The worst thing I’ve ever eaten is a raw sea turtle egg. It actually didn’t taste bad, but I felt terrible about it afterwards when I found out what it was.
- I like big red wines, and sparkling white ones. That’s it.
- There are only two things I refuse to eat: papaya and cold cut ham (the cheap kind). Papaya tastes like snotty dirt to me, and cold cuts generally skeeve me out.
- While I have nothing against dairy, I’m not a big milk drinker. Can’t remember the last time I drank a glass of the stuff. Ice cream and cheese are a totally different story though.
- I like to grill corn tortillas on the stove, directly over a flame. I’ve started a few fires that way.
- I adore baking cakes and hosting dinner parties. Want to team up on either? Drop me a line.
A former journalist, I’ve written for The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, The Orlando Sentinel, The Miami Herald and The Boston Globe. These days, I do media relations for Harvard University. You can read some of the food-related writing produced for my real job here and here.
When I’m not eating you’ll likely find me with my nose in a book, wandering through the mountains, or on the sea.
Contact me at themusingbouche-at-gmail-dot-com.
Confused about the name of the blog? Read this.
Other mumbo jumbo:
All text and images on this site have ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright (c) 2009-2014 by Tania deLuzuriaga.
I grant readers the following:
- link to any post with attribution back to me
- link to images with attribution back to me
- download images for private use