Tuesday has become feast day for us. That’s the day of our CSF delivery, and we’ve taken to inviting friends each week to help us eat it. People always wonder what happens at these soirees… what gets cooked and who attends. From now on we’ll try to document some of them- at least the ones where I remember to pull out the camera in the midst of all the chaos.
– Cod (of course!): drizzled with olive oil, basil and lemon.
– Cod fritters. I had a bit of a filleting mishap, so I took all the bits I’d missed and turned them into deep fried balls. Made a garlic- yogurt dip to accompany.
– Corn pudding, Adapted from a recipe in a recent edition of Food & Wine.
– Broccoli-potato hash.
– Tomato and avocado bread salad. A great way to use up stale bread.
– My take on a trifle, made with angel food cake loaves sliced in half and stuffed with homemade lemon curd, fresh blueberries and real whipped cream. Topped with more whipped cream and a blueberry coulis.
Total fed: 11